Our natural teeth are supposed to last a lifetime, however, that’s not always the case. Our teeth don’t fall out due natural causes, but we can lose a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, injury, and various other reasons. Replacing missing teeth isn’t just vital to our overall health but also the health of our remaining teeth. When teeth aren’t replaced it can cause our remaining teeth to be lost, tipped or crowded; and you could also lose chew abilities. There’s also the more obvious issues such as poor appearance or even loss of self-confidence.
Fortunately, you can regain all of those lost attributes with the help of dental implants. Dental implants are consider a permeant option, and are an ideal and effective dental treatment when it comes to replacing your missing or damaged teeth. Dental implants are also consider more predictable compared to alternative dental treatments. There are various lifelong benefits that stem from replacing missing or severally damaged teeth with dental implants. A few of those benefits including the following:
The Benefits of Dental Implants
- Comparable to natural teeth. Dental implants are durable, strong and stable due to the fact that the implant fuses into the jaw bone. This makes the implants feel and function like your natural teeth would. Not to mention, dental implants seamless blend in with the rest of your natural teeth.
- Designed to last. As mentioned earlier, dental implants are considered a permanent option compared to the alternatives. However, how long your dental implants last ultimately relies on how well you practice proper oral hygiene.
- Preserves the jaw bone. Missing teeth lead to empty spaces between teeth, which may lead to further problems, such as jaw bone deterioration. Implants are the only dental restoration that can maintain stimulate bone growth.
- Improves speech. Missing teeth can lead to speech problems, such a pronunciation problems and slurred speech. Replacing those missing teeth with dental implants can improve and/or correct these problems.
- Retain facial profile. When natural teeth are missing it can sometimes cause our wrinkles, or a sunken and saggy facial profile. Dental implants have can help improve and even retain your natural facial profile.
- Enhance daily life. By choosing to replace missing teeth with dental implants over the alternatives, it can improve your quality of life. Unlike alternative dental treatments, dental implants won’t be going anywhere while eating your favorite foods. Implants also eliminate the need for messy adhesives.
- Restores self-confidence. Not only can dental implants improve your smile, they can also improve your overall self-esteem. Dental implants have the power to restore confidence in daily activities, such as eating, drinking, socializing or being intimate.
As you can see there are several benefits that come along with replacing your missing teeth with dental implants. Not only can dental implants improve your smile, they also provide several benefits, both emotionally and physically.
If you’re interested in replacing your missing teeth with dental implants, contact Berry Hill Dentistry in Syosset, NY at 516-921-1717 to schedule a consultation today. Or visit www.berryhilldentistrypc.com for additional information regarding dental implants.